[Typo3] tt_news - Help! Help! Help!

Maidment, Paul Paul.Maidment at isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk
Fri Jul 1 12:04:18 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am trying out tt_news version 2.2 and have managed to get a basic list of
news articles and summaries to display. I have looked at various resources
in my attempts to get this working but must admit that I am truly stuck,
hopefully someone out there can help...

I have performed the following tasks

* Installed the tt_news extension, I have not used any previous version so
there should be no conflicts.
* Created a news page, the page is assosciated with a template which is an
extension of my main site template (nothing truly special about that.) The
template also imports the four tt_news templates as described in the tt_news
manual.
* Created a news item for the page and placed title/summary/details etc into
the article.

Having done the above, I get a list of news items (which is a lot better
than getting none!)
There are now problems though...

1)Categories do not appear to work, I'm not sure I fully understand the
category sysytem.
2)The 'More' button on the news article does not go into a details view,
what do I need to do in order to make this work?
3)How do I enable and use the RSS syndication feature of the plugin.

The online instructions on this are quite vague and I must admit to being
utterly confused (surely a plugin should not be this tough to install?

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks,
Paul

NHS National Services Scotland Disclaimer

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the
originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or
alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.