[Typo3] Noticeable slowdown with Typo3 3.8

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jul 1 09:31:17 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas,

> has anyone else noticed a slowdown in responsetime after upgrading to the
> 3.8.0 release?
>
> After I upgraded a typo3 installation from 3.6.x to 3.8.0 (at which time I
> also updated to gm, instead of im) the typo3 installation became slower at
> responding by 0.5 to 2.0 seconds.
>
> This can be seen quite nicely on a smoke-ping chart at
> <http://filepile.dicp.de/t3-smoke.png>. One can easily observe the
> downtime on saturday while the system was upgraded and how the
> responsetime subsequently got worse.

This is very interesting. Can you try to track this down to a special
action?

Suggestion: Make a copy of that system, turn on the FE admin panel and
notice the times for TS rendering. Then downgrade the system to 3.6.2 and
compare the values for each of the listed steps.

Would be very interesting!

> Any suggestions? The point was raised in the past on the mailinglists that
> gm might be slower than im, but this should only be the case when
> generating the images for the first time, not for later page accesses,
> which should be cached.

I agree, GM is not the reason for the slowdown.
Have a look at my "benchmark" which I posted to the dev list some time ago:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-June/010558.html

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out