[Typo3] "expAll" doesn't

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at diacc.de
Mon Jan 31 13:54:55 CET 2005

Hi Mark,

> I need to take a three-level menu and create three separate menus
> that are all open at once, all the time.
>
> "expAll" is apparently the command I need, but it's not working -- the
> second and third menus only expand when I click on the parent menu.
>
> Here's the menu portion of the typoscript. Do you see anything wrong?
>
> subparts.navcontainer = HMENU
> subparts.navcontainer.entryLevel = 0
> subparts.navcontainer.1 = TMENU
> subparts.navcontainer.1 {
> expAll = 1
> NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
> ACT = 1
> ACT.allWrap = <li id="active"> | </li>
> ACT.ATagParams = id="current"
> }
>
> subparts.2menu = HMENU
> subparts.2menu.entryLevel = 1
> subparts.2menu.1 = TMENU
> subparts.2menu.1 {
> expAll = 1
> NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
> ACT = 1
> ACT.allWrap = <li id="active"> | </li>
> ACT.ATagParams = id="current"
> }
>
> subparts.3menu= HMENU
> subparts.3menu.entryLevel = 2
> subparts.3menu.1 = TMENU
> subparts.3menu.1 {
> expAll = 1
> NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
> ACT = 1
> ACT.allWrap = <li id="active"> | </li>
> ACT.ATagParams = id="current"
> }

What result do you want to get?
Why 3 subparts for one menu?
What I see, is, that you produce invalid HTML-source as you are using the
same id several times (navcontainer and navlist).

And it looks like you want to put each level into his own box. So what would
the result of expAll be (if it would work as you expected)?

Maybe
--- (all pages on level  1)
11
12
13
--- (all pages on level 2)
11_21
11_22
11_23
12_21
12_22
13_21
13_22
13_23
-- (all pages on level 3)
11_21_31
11_21_32
11_21_33
11_22_31
11_22_32
[..]
13_12_33

Doesnt make sence to me... what do you expect?

greets,
Irene

--
Irene Höppner