[Typo3] Multilple Filemounts for different usergroups

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Mon Jan 31 11:34:35 CET 2005

Hi,

yes, it's possibile.

First you have to create the directories. For example you have 2
directories:

filemount/A
filemount/B

Then you have to create 2 filemounts specifying the label (e.g. A and
B) and the path (A and B). Remember to set BASE to "relative"

After that you have to set to user A access to filemount A and user B
access to filemount B (where A and B are users of the same usergroup).
In the page of user A (and similarly for user B) you have to deselect
the flag
Mount from groups: -> File Mounts
And select the filemount A from the selectorBox "File Mounts".

In this way you can have more users for the same usergroup but with
different filemount (and DBmounts too, if you want)

RE> I have lots of sites on the same tree and have set up usergroups for each
RE> one.  My question concerns filemounts - I can't seem to be able to set
RE> particular filemounts for each user - each time I set a new one up, it
RE> changes the filemounts for all the user groups.

RE> Say I have a user called user-x who updates site-x, I would make a new
RE> filemount with the path fileadmin/site-x/user_upload/.  Then I would do the
RE> same for user-y, updating site-y except the filemount path would be
RE> fileadmin/site-y/user_upload/.

RE> Is this possible?  It would seem so, I think I'm missing something obvious.
RE> As usual!

Cordiali saluti,
 Mauro

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  www.webformat.com