[Typo3] vcd_archive can't upload files

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Sun Jan 30 23:08:26 CET 2005

John Nicholas wrote:

> I have vcd_archive installed to set up a file download area with
> descriptions. Everything seems to be working fine with templating and
> entering the data except I can't attach any files. I get an error that
> says "" whether I use the file chooser to pick a file already in
> fileadmin or upload a new one through vcd_archive form
>
> I have no problems uploading files through either fileadmin or through
> other plugins such as tt_news. and the files I am testing with are
> very small so I am sure it is not a basic php uploading issue. I have
> also made sure that the uploads/tx_vcdarchive folder is owned and
> writable by apache.

I solved this by editing a line in the tca.php file within the
typo3conf/ext/vcd_archive/ folder.

There is a section that looks like this:

"file" => Array (
                        "exclude" => 0,
                        "label" =>
"LLL:EXT:vcd_archive/locallang_db.php:tx_vcdarchive_entries.file",
                        "config" => Array (
                                "type" => "group",
                                "internal_type" => "file",
                                "allowed" => "",
                                "disallowed" => "php,php3",
                                "max_size" => 5000,
                                "uploadfolder" => "/uploads/tx_vcdarchive/",
                                "show_thumbs" => 1,
                                "size" => 1,
                                "minitems" => 0,
                                "maxitems" => 1,
                        )
                ),

I changed the line  "uploadfolder" => "/uploads/tx_vcdarchive/"   to
read  "uploadfolder" => "uploads/tx_vcdarchive/"  ( no slash in front of
uploads)

This matches a comment in the docs that you cannot use absolute paths.
I'm still confused why it installs with a documented invalid setting but
at least it works now.

John Nicholas