[Typo3] OBTS release 1.1.5

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 18:22:35 CET 2005

I published ObTS 1.1.5 to the TER yesterday and updated
object-typoscript.org.uk.

1. There are some major changes in the architecture - I've moved some
functions around so they're in classes that make sense. I did this now
because I don't think many people are using ObTS is production so it
seemed like a good time to do it.

1.1. This version is the last major re-working of the core - NOW, WE ARE
STABLE! I will not change any part of the core, apart for fixes, for a
long, long time now.

2. I have published a revised version of the manual to
http://object-typoscript.org.uk/doxygen/html/index.html. I am going to
try to keep most of the documentation in doxygen-style from now on
because it is much easier to mantain along side the code.

3. My todo list (http://object-typoscript.org.uk/doxygen/html/todo.html)
includes some things people have told be about. If anyone sends a
feature suggestions / requests / bug then I'll add it to this.

3.1. My immediate priorities are:
- Addresss all bugs submitted to me
- Complete any missing documentation
- Add a lot more insertData functions (e.g. {url : ..}, {user : ...},
{date : ..}, {browser : ..}
- Add a lot more ObTS-functions (pre, post, pr)
- Address performance problems
- Publish doxygen tag-file

3.2. See also:
http://object-typoscript.org.uk/doxygen/html/obts_release_schedule.html

4. The future - My next big thing with ObTS is the IDE. I have published
a proof-of-concept in 1.1.5 which can do some of the things an IDE
should do. I have to schedule for this and, at the moment, I will only
get work done on this if I have time. If you have ideas, then please
send them to me and I'll start an IDE-wish-list in the doxygen pages.

So, that's it. If you need more info then let me know.

Cheers,
dan