[Typo3] Move site - how?

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at mokka.at
Fri Jan 28 22:48:55 CET 2005

Jakob Rohde wrote:
> And then I spimply clicked on the page which was previously the top most
> page, and moved it to the top. Afterwards I deleted the dummy page.
> (Maybe it would be an ides for the next Typo3 version to add a "Import
> from .td3" menu item to the drop down menu of the site icon in the page
> tree?).

This is implemented in Typo3 3.8.0 from CVS (I think - at least Kasper showed
us this on the snowboard tour) it also supports the inclusion of referenced files.
and believe it or not: it also includes files which are referenced from typoscript :)

> I also copied the relevant directories and files from fileadmin to the
> new server.

This is the relevant part when copy a page by the export/import method.

As i have shell access to our webserver i find it easier to upload a tar.gz
containing all the symbolic links and untar it on the webserver. then import
the database dump (contained in the tar.gz) into the database and eventually
modify localconf.php to change the database/user/password

greets,
Bernhard