[Typo3] Indexed search finding access restricted pages

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri Jan 28 12:00:29 CET 2005

Hey,

I am taking this issue here, as it seems it is not caused by tt_news (after
posting in that newsgroup).

I have a project where we are using  frontend users/groups, tt_news and
indexed search.

A certain news is restricted to a usergroup, which is all fine. It is not
being displayed normally.

When searching for content (with indexed search) which is a part of one
access restricted news item, the news is
listed in the search results. The subheader is replaced with the no-matching
content  message, but the headline is displayed!! Clicking the item
rightfully makes the news displayer throw the error; "no news id given",
which is securing the whole news not being shown. But the item shouldn't be
in the list of results, the headline itself could be critical, as it could
be stating something normal visitors should not find when searching.

Anyone have a clue?

P.S. I tried loads of solutions, cleaning the indexed pages, searching docs
for missing settings and so on, nothing solves it.
Could someone test it in their own installation to determine if this should
be considered a bug either in the news system or the indexed search engine.

Regards,

Lars Houmark