[Typo3] NewLoginBox and URL

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Thu Jan 27 10:09:38 CET 2005

Alain Reymond (Skynet) schrieb:
> Good Morning,
>
> We have a website with typo3 including a restricted area and another
> secure website. Users are identified on both sites using the same login
> and password.
>
> Do you know how to connect to a typo3 website using NewLoginBox and
> giving directly the login and password in the url.
>
> The idea is to make something like :
> www.mytypo3website.com/index.php&login=mylogin&password=mypassword
>
> It would allow the users identified on the secure site to switch
> directly to the restricted area of the typo3 site with a simple url
> without having to introduce login and password a second time.
>
> I thank you.
>
> Regards.
>
> Alain Reymond

1) This might case some trouble about security. But you will know your risk
2) username and passward has to be POSTed otherwise the authentication
won't get the values. Therefore the easiest solution would be to submit
the values hidden in a form where the action is calling the login of the
secure website.
3) If you want to GET the value you have to do some modifications within
the fe_user authentication. BUT if I would feel that confident seeing my
  username and password transferred.

Regs Peter.