[Typo3] Anyway around SAFE MODE restrictions

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Sun Feb 27 17:57:09 CET 2005

Devon Retemyer schrieb:

> Does this mean that if I'm using a remote host and they have SAFE_MODE
> on...I have to ask them to make the adjustments? My host said that for
> security purposes SAFE_MODE has to remain ON.
>
> Do I have to ask them to turn on safe_mode_gid?

[...]

So if they do they have to do it for the whole server! And I'm not sure
if they willing to do.

You copied the file by ftp? Ask them how you should copy your PHP
programm files to the server and get it to run with this server setting
as this will always cause problems with data written to disc by Apache
as uid defers.

Regs. Peter.