[Typo3] Anyway around SAFE MODE restrictions

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Sun Feb 27 15:57:43 CET 2005

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Devon wrote:
> ^^^^^ please complete!
>

>>I searched through the archive but I am still to find Solid Info as to
>>whether or not TYPO3 can run with SAFE_MODE ON. I am new to Typo3 so
>>please don't ignore my question with rolling eyes. :)
>

> Yes it can. However of course there'll be some consequences: All
> exec-functions will be disabled.
>
> Means: No ImageMagick, no diff, no PDF indexing, ...

NOPE. This information is not quite correct:
1) Only true if disable_function is set
2) To allow exec in safe_mode but control which function maybe executed
check for safe_mode_exec_dir and copy or symlink composite, convert and
identify and all other required to that dir.

Here we go in a safe_mode enviroment ;-)

Regs. Peter.