[Typo3] chc_forum no first post

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Sun Feb 27 14:51:31 CET 2005

Stefanos,

I looked at your installation this morning. I found (and fixed) the
problem, although I'm not exactly sure why it's happening. I guess this
could be called a bug in the forum, or maybe more accurately, it's the
lack of a feature...

anyhow, the problem was cause by a few lines in the form class, which
contained "mysql_insert_id" (used to get the UID of the thread that was
created so it can be added to the post). For some reason, this function
doesn't actually return the insert ID on your server. I'm not sure why
this is the case, but it is.

Anyhow, since the forum strives for DB compatibility, I try to always
use the typo3 DB API for any database transactions. I wrote the forum
before the DB API was finished, so there are still a few places where I
failed to update the mysql functions to use the typo3 interface -- this
was one of them. By changing mysql_insert_id to use the DB wrapper:

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_insert_id()

The problem seems to have been solved, since the function does work with
the DB wrapper. I'm writing this here in case someone else is having
this problem; I'll fix it for the next release.

best,
Zach

-- for some reason, mysql_insert_id and mysql_affected_rows