[Typo3] disable random filenames in GMENU_LAYERS possible ? / cache menu-items

Harald Klotzberg [decomplex audio HQ] harry at decomplexaudio.com
Sun Feb 27 12:21:07 CET 2005

Hi !

I´m trying to find a nice and fast solution for my GMENU_LAYERS Menue

like shown here: http://213.239.199.198/dxa4/index.php?id=14

The problem is that Typo creates the menu-images on every load and store the

images to the typo3temp/menue folder.

The Filenames have Random Character like: 5484cd415580.png

Is there a possibility to have the filenames of the images created once and
cache them.

It makes no sense to do this every time unless there are changes in the
menue structure.

I tried to solve the problem using this options:

lib.mainMenu.imgNamePrefix = menu_

lib.mainMenu.imgNameNotRandom = 1

even tried the same for both menus like that:

lib.mainMenu.1.imgNamePrefix = menu_

lib.mainMenu.1.imgNameNotRandom = 1

but nothing happens.

Is there any other solution for my prob. I´ve checked every doc I think :-)

The Goal is having cached images like menu_news.png or menu_labels.png
having

a faster Pageload.

Thanx a lot !!!

harry

I´m using Typo 3.8.0-dev with TemplaVoila 0.4.0 on a Linux machine

This is  my current TSSetup:

page.includeLibs.gmenu_layers = media/scripts/gmenu_layers.php

lib.mainMenu = HMENU

lib.mainMenu.imgNamePrefix = menu_

lib.mainMenu.imgNameNotRandom = 1

lib.mainMenu.special.value = 6

lib.mainMenu.1 = GMENU_LAYERS

lib.mainMenu.1.imgNamePrefix = menu_

lib.mainMenu.1.imgNameNotRandom = 1

lib.mainMenu.1 {

   layerStyle = position:absolute;VISIBILITY:hidden;

   xPosOffset = 10

   topOffset = 190

   expAll = 1

   leftOffset = 5

   NO {

            XY = [10.w] + 25, 20

            backColor = white

            10 = TEXT

            10 {

                        fontFile = fileadmin/templates/omicron_zeta.ttf

                        fontColor = black

                        fontSize = 11

                        niceText = 1

                        text.field =  title

                        offset = 15,15

            }

            15 = IMAGE

            15.file = fileadmin/templates/menu_before.gif

            15.offset = 0,8

   }

   RO >

   RO < .NO

   RO {

            backColor = #EEEEEE

            10.backColor = #EEEEEE

            15.file = fileadmin/templates/menu_before_RO.gif

   }

   RO = 1

   ACT >

   ACT < .NO

   ACT {

      10.fontColor = #399842

      15.file = fileadmin/templates/menu_before.gif

   }

   ACT = 1

}

##### menu ebene 2 ######

lib.mainMenu.2 = GMENU_LAYERS

lib.mainMenu.2 {

   layerStyle = position:absolute;VISIBILITY:hidden;

   xPosOffset = 10

   topOffset=205

   expAll = 1

   leftOffset = 5

   NO {

   wrap = | <br>

   XY = 150, 15

   backColor = white

   10 = TEXT

   10 {

      fontFile = fileadmin/templates/omicron_zeta.ttf

      fontColor = black

      fontSize = 10

      niceText = 1

      text.field = title

      offset = 20,11

   }

   15 = IMAGE

   15.file = fileadmin/templates/menu2_before.gif

   15.offset = 0,4

   }

   RO >

   RO < .NO

   RO {

            backColor = #EEEEEE

            10.backColor = #EEEEEE

            15.file = fileadmin/templates/menu2_before_RO.gif

   }

   RO = 1

}

#default page object

page = PAGE

page.typeNum = 0

page.leftOffset = 50

page.stylesheet = fileadmin/templates/amp3lifier.css

page.10 = USER

page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page