[Typo3] TemplaVoila vs. AutoParse

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Feb 27 11:17:59 CET 2005

> How are you guys designing websites now a days, I have not been
> working with typo3 since 3.5.0. Is TemplaVoila the way to go or
> should one still be conservative and stick with AutoParse?

We never used and maybe never will use one of them.
In most cases the way to go is pure and simple Typoscript for us.
But it depends on the situation.
If you work i.e. with external designers that don't know TYPO3 at all, the
autoparser thing might be better.
TV has advantages when you have many different layouts for different pages
(2 col, 3 col, with and without footer, etc.) and you are used to XML based
structures. But the way it is working is completely different from the "old
school" (alhtough I prefer to call it "other school") since you have to
fiddle around with mapping things which is not the usual way things are
handled in TYPO3.

Just my 2 cents

Joey