[Typo3] Custom Tag typoscript $content

Joshua Preston jpreston at americatab.com
Sun Feb 27 04:35:54 CET 2005

Mark,

The functions that I use were written for a standalone PHP web
application, I'm using Typo3 plugins to interface with them.  Basically
my plugin pushes the post data to another php class unrelated to typo3.
It's better than reinventing the wheel in my opinion!  So far I've been
most impressed with the ease and simplicity of extension programming,
for the basics of course ;-)   Most of my data can't be transferred from
the MS SQL servers to MySQL, but honestly I prefer them anyhow, mainly
because I don't want to worry about rewriting ~5000 stored procedures, 3
intranets and an accounting system...  The only thing I'm going to have
to rewrite is the user accounts to interface with our existing user
structure (approx 1.5 million accounts), and that isn't going to be an
easy task I'm sure.  It appears that Typo3 is bed fellows with MySQL...
I think I'll end up writing some kind of MySQL to MS SQL service that
reforms MySQL statements to MS SQL... or maybe I'll just figure
something else out ;-)  Good thing I'm not on a deadline!

As far as avoiding writing a plugin, I advise against it.  It is
actually a lot easier than first glance.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Joshua Preston