[Typo3] Schedule

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 20:31:28 CET 2005

Hi there,

--- Robert Markula <robert.markula at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I want to create a list of (text-)elements and want to schedule them -
> so basically control which element should be seen when (one application
> would be a "Recipe of the week". So I can create all the recipes for the
> whole year once and then they should change automatically). For my
> purpose these elements are mainly text-elements, but being able to do
> this with all kinds of elements would be nice.
>
> Example: In week 1, the text a should be shown. In week 2, text b should
> be shown etc.
>
> Furthermore it would be nice if the expired texts could be put in some
> kind of archive, where visitors can still access them (ordered by date).
>
> Does anybody have an idea how I could achieve this?

Well, part 1 is pretty easy; it's an out-of-the-box part of the text
content item - look for 'Start' and 'Stop' fields at the bottom of the
content item.

As for part 2 - the archive feature - the tt_news [1] extension does a
rather good job of this. You might just want to create a recipe of the week
category of news items, and set up a page that only shows these.

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/tt_news/