[Typo3] Survey - i'm not amused!

Joern Heipmann joern at heipmann.net
Sat Feb 26 15:10:50 CET 2005

Franz Holzinger wrote:

> This does not make any sense. All 3rd parties can read this public
> mailing list with all the email addresses!!!
> Do not use any email address you want to keep secret on this mailing list.

This is a obviously a misunderstanding. When I put my EMail address on a
public mailing list I trust the users of this mailinglist enough not to use
it in mischief (although I know there will be some people doing so). When I
give my EMail address to any webservice provider, I do read their privacy
policy and decide whether I trust them.
But in this case I was never aware that my EMail address was used by another
organization before receiving the invitation and so I would like to know
whether my data is stored in a meaningful and trustworthy way (I do thing
that it makes sense to take part in questionaires to improve Typo3 and
spread the word, so no harm done here).
By the way, in Germany where I come from it is basically illegal to pass on
electronically stored personal data, which includes the EMail address,
whithout having asked for permission to do so (nevertheless it is done a
lot of times).
So all I am asking for in my prior post is some sort of trust building
effort...

Best Regards

Joern