[Typo3] fe_user Newsletter field

andreas stein andre01 at typotemp.com
Sat Feb 26 14:50:21 CET 2005

> If I got you question right all you want to achive is fe_user can
> register AND add to direct_mail in on step and in one DB (i.e fe_user)?
> If it is that, there is no need to extend anything. All you have to do
> is to layout the template to your needs.
> If you require further fields sr_feuser might be the right choice.
>
> Regs. Peter.

Actually I only have to fill the field 'module_sys_dmail_category' in the
fe_user table, where i can define via direct_mail_group that only fe_user
who are subscribed gets a newsletter.

Subscribing works with sr_feuser (editing the account doesn't work....
hmmm).

Still I would be get the next step on the typo3 ladder: When I extend the
fe_user table (e.c. tx_own_field) via kickstarter. Which global array i have
to extend that i can use the template of the fe_user extension to add a
value to this field (i think i should try to get the Core APIs)?

thanx for help peter!
andreas