[Typo3] fe_user Newsletter field

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Fri Feb 25 16:56:52 CET 2005

andreas stein schrieb:

> Dear List,
>
> The whole night i'd puzzled around with no result. Really hope you have a
> hint:
>
> I use the extension direct_mail (1.0.8) which extends the fe_user and the
> tt_address table with the fields 'module_sys_dmail_category' and
> 'module_sys_dmail_html'.
>
> This should be filled in by the extended fe_user  form. BUT NO WAY- IT WILL
> NOT work.
> I tried it also by extending the fe_user table with OWN 'string' FIELD
> (tx_test_testfield). Everything works fine - fields are shown in register
> form, also shown on the aproval page, but they are NOT STORED in the
> DATABASE! Why??
>
> I tried it as well with the sr_feuser_register. Its the same: Fields are
> shown in the form and on the aproval page, but they are not stored in the
> database.
>
> look forward to lift my curtain in front of my eyes.
> andreas stein

if you extend with new fields and want to get the values stored by
formular you have to extend the TCA for either fe_users and/or tt_address

for an example check ext_tables.php and search for
$TCA['tt_address']['feInterface']['fe_admin_fieldList']
or
$TCA['fe_users']['feInterface']['fe_admin_fieldList']

How does the template for your form look like? Have a look at
thedirect_mail_subscription template and add required fields to your
template similar.

Regs. Peter.