[Typo3] Minute Website

Joseph Mesterhazy jmesterh at iastate.edu
Thu Feb 24 16:56:14 CET 2005

All I can say is WOW.

I currently manage a Typo 3.7.0 site, using Modern Templates. I was
planning to wait for 3.8.0 final before I started experimenting with
TemplaVoila, but after that video... cannot wait any longer!

I do have a question about the development process of Typo3. I have
some new web sites that will soon go into development. These are not
heavy-load commercial sites, but rather small sites for focused groups
on our campus. It needs to work, but nobody will be fired if the page
breaks for a couple hours...

Should I download the latest development version of Typo3 3.8.0 and
start working with Templavoila, or should I stick with 3.7.0 and use
modern templating? My only concern is that if I use 3.8.0 development,
the site will be completely broken when I upgrade to 3.8.0 final.

So I guess my main question is, is 3.8.0 beta quality, and sites
created with it will transition to 3.8.0 final without lots of
complications, or is it alpha quality with a framework that may change
from day to day?

Joe

--
Joe Mesterhazy