[Typo3] How to set the default user group for a BE user

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 13:26:53 CET 2005

> Unfortunately I use 3.7 and the be_user.usergroup is a tinyblob, so I
> don't see any chance to change that on the fly. Is 3.8 in sight?

i'm using a few instances of 3.8 -dev with out any issues so far on some
live sites...

give it a try but at your own risk.

the other option is to create a user group that will naturally sit at
the top of the list alphabetiaclly (as the page access rights will be
assigned from this group at the top of the list)  and then have all
users as members of that group.  then have all users create/save content
so that it is editable by them, there group, and everyone and then with
the addition of various user groups control page access and feature access.

hope this makes sense.  I did this instead of switching back to 3.6 at
some points along the way