[Typo3] Problems with png

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 21:10:44 CET 2005

Peter Klein wrote:

> I had a similar problem on one of my sites which uses ImageMagick 6.0+
> Whenever I tried scaling an image, it turned gray with som kind of
> embossing..
>
> The problem turned out to be the "-geometry" settings, and a quick fix is to
> set the "sample = 1" option on the imageobjects.
>
> "sample - If set, -sample is used to scale images instead of -geometry.
> Sample does not use antialiasing and is therefore much faster."

My ImageMagick version (5.5.7) converts the image properly ...

Look if you have ImageMagick 6.0+ installed
(type at the shell: convert -version)

If you have a 6+ version it is most propbably really this bug in ImageMagick
and you can't do anything about it except use this "-sample" option Peter wrote
about (see the other thread on how to set it)

If this doesn't help either I'm stuck.

The only other thing you could do is install a static version of ImageMagick
(there is a 4.? static version out there .... have a look at
http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/)

you will need to set the IM Path in the install tool to the location where
you installed your static version of IM.

greets,
Bernhard