[Typo3] Survey - i'm not amused!

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 20:56:00 CET 2005

Kraft Bernhard wrote:

> pherhaps the should take the addresses from FE-users and Mailinglist
> next time (of course
> the would have to make unique adresses) - if there is a next time :-)

Having not received an invitation myself[1], I wonder why the
researchers (?) did need email addresses anyway. It would have been just
as good or bad to just post an invitation here. Unless you do some kind
of network analysis (which is obviously not the aim of the survey) you
surely do better to let people answer anonymously instead of
(potentially) binding e-mail identities to survey responses (which is
what spammers or evil online marketing people do but not researchers).

So yes, I'd have liked to be invited (hijacking another email which was
posted in -german did not work ;(), but I would like respondents to be
anonymous. The way this survey was conducted is certainly not
professional, to say the least.

Greetings,
Michael

[1] That's NOT my motivation for critique ;))