[Typo3] How to set the default user group for a BE user

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 23 18:07:48 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,

Kraft Bernhard schrieb:
> Steffen Müller wrote:
>
>> If a BE user is member of more than one group, how can I setup the
>> default group for this user?
>

> What do you mean by "default group"
>
> He is just a member of all groups. There is no special "default group"

Well, maybe default is the wrong word here, I meant the main user group.

In Tools>User Admin: "User info", you can find a row called "Main user
group":

Main user group:
  group_1

Member of groups:
  group_1
  group_2
  global_group

> What do you want to achieve ?

Whenever a user creates a new page, TYPO3 asigns a user a group and
access restrictions to the page (see Page>Access). If a user belongs to
several groups, the "main user group" will be choosen automatically for
the new page.
In my case, we make use of a "helper-group", providing special rights to
all users. I do not want these helper-groups to be taken as group for
the page access, therefore I need a "default" group.

P.S. TCEMAIN.permissions.groupid in PageTS is not what I am looking for.

--
cheers,
Steffen