[Typo3] SYS_LASTCHANGED

Mike Jones mrt.jones at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 23 15:22:06 CET 2005

Hi List

I'm really pushing the limits of the envelope now!

I'm trying to include a menu of links to pages that have recently changed -
no prizes for innovation there!

I'm using this fairly basic TS in my template setup field

tempUpd = HMENU
tempUpd.special = updated
tempUpd.special.value=7, 93, 100
tempUpd.special {
depth=3
maxAge = 3600*24*3
limit = 8
}

which is pretty much as it appears in TSREF doc

If I include a mode entry, e.g. mode = tstamp
the menu works and shows pages that have had the page record edited within
the last three days - I accept that
I want to use the default field in the pages table which I believe is
SYS_LASTCHANGED - which I expect to update to the earliest tstamp of the
records on the page. So if I create a new content item on a page the
SYS_LASTCHANGED value for the page should update to the value of the tstamp
field of the new content record. and hence show in my menu.

It doesn't. The SYS_LASTCHANGED field in the table stays at the same value
and so the page does not get added to the menu of recently updated pages.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help.

Mike Jones