[Typo3] TemplaVoila: TBODY tag not supported for TO mapping?

Srdjan Prodanovic srdjan.prodanovic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:57:42 CET 2005

Greetings. I am a relatively new user to Typo3, so I dont exactly know
any sort of 'hardcoding' solution to my problem. I use more than one
TBODY tag in a table, which is okay by XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD.

Notice the definition allowing more than one TBODY tag in the table here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#dtdentry_xhtml1-strict.dtd_table

I use a TBODY to contain two rows of information, relevant to a single
entry, which would later on have to be embodied with a properly formed
Content Element. I use classes on TBODY tags for seperation of
highlighted content elements and regular elements, and styling of
alternating rows with JavaScript DOM.

When I tried mapping the document in TemplaVoila, I noticed there is
no way to choose a TBODY tag for mapping in my Template Object, so I
can't efficiently map a Content Elements section RANGE. Presuming that
this would not work with Content Element mapping either, I won't be
able to define different types of elements by setting the TBODY tag a
class attribude. My content styling scripts will also fail, as they
are heavilly dependant on TBODY tags.

You can see on the screenshot here, that the TBODY tags are not
available for choice in the mapping interface:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/s1e/typo3_mapping.gif

Here you have two template examples of the current document
architecture, to help you get how Content Elements would fit into the
Template Object.
http://www.inter-media.si/tao/v0.2/tao_template_lastminute.htm
http://www.inter-media.si/tao/v0.2/tao_template_letalske.htm
(The design is (c) 2005 TAO T&T d.o.o., work in progress of INTERMEDIA
d.o.o., use or redistribution of any kind is prohibited)

I would prefer to still use this concept, as it is nearly finished.
Nesting more tables is not an optional alternative at this moment, as
I'm trying to keep the framework as sleek and compact as possible.

Basically what I would probably need, is some point in the right
direction, regarding editing the sources of Template Object mapping
configuration.
Could I be simply using an outdated TemplaVoila extension?
What sort of tags can TemplaVoila map in the interface?
Is compliance with W3C standards  a high priority for Typo3?
How do I map this and other currently unsupported tags?

I am using Typo3.7.0 on a Windows test server with Apache 1.3.26 and
MySQL 4.0.23.