[Typo3] Content refuses to show itself!

Mo Khalil mo at voodooskunk.com
Wed Feb 23 00:01:58 CET 2005

Hi people

I've just been following the Modern Template Building Part 1 tutorial
from typo3.org. I decided to follow it using my own template, as it
helps me understand better how to set up stylesheets etc. I configured
the template in typo3's template setup just as the tutorial requests.
The dynamic menu shows up perfectly (reflecting the page tree as it
should), however no dynamic content is rendered on output.

If anyone can debug, that'd be great. my template is located in:
http://www.voodooskunk.com/typo3/template.html
the stylesheet is in: http://www.voodooskunk.com/typo3/styles.css
my typo3 template config is in:
http://www.voodooskunk.com/typo3/config.txt
typo3's output is in http://www.voodooskunk.com/typo3/output.php

I've tried creating text content in the left, normal, right and border
columns but still no output :o( I've searched everywhere on the typo3
site and google for info relating to styles.content.get but can't find
much that helps. I don't want to go on to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial
until this works!

Also, whenever I click on the "Create new content" button, I'm taken to
the "Select type of content element" page but the following warning
shows up (as in this screen shot
http://www.voodooskunk.com/typo3/grab.gif):

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/typo3conf/ext/wmdb_contentwizard/
ux_db_new_content_el.php on line 66

I have the following extensions installed: User>Task Center, Tasks;
User>Task Center, Tasks, Workflow; Preconfiguration of Backend Users;
Message board, twin mode; News; Content Element Wizard Patch; Template
Auto-parser. When I uninstall the Content Element Wizard Patch, I no
longer receive the warning. Is the patch important?

Following up from my previous post, special thanks to Jennie Z, Eiksund
and Erik Svendsen for helping me sort it out. It was a group
permissions related thing, duh!

Thanks.

mo.