[Typo3] Help with modifying cc_ipauth and cc_iplogin_fe exts.

Rick_Noble rixtrix at optushome.com.au
Tue Feb 22 12:37:26 CET 2005

Hi list,

I have been trying to modify Rene Fritz's cc_ipauth and cc_iplogin_fe
extensions to get automatic frontend user logins using the current MS
Windows login username instead of an IP address.  I've been using Typo3 for
two intranet sites for over a year, but, am still a relative novice in PHP
and Typo3 - I need to ask for a hand.

Using the IP address does not suit the environment, DHCP is used for IP
allocation and users may use a number of different workstations.  I'd like
to modify the extensions as a test and ultimately create and post new
extensions.

I have tried modifying the cc_ipauth and cc_iplogin_fe extensions by
creating a global variable and assigning the variable with a PHP shell
command - shell_exec('echo %USERNAME%') and replacing instances of
($this->authInfo['REMOTE_ADDR'] with ($this->authInfo[shell_exec('echo
%USERNAME%').  Or replacing the $baseIP variable in the cc_iplogin_fe with
the PHP shell command and taking out the trim functions.  All without much
success.

Any direction, comments or code snippets would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rick Noble