[Typo3] htmlArea RTE: How to enable CSS class selection for images submitted through RTE?

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Mon Feb 21 16:33:05 CET 2005

OK, please give me a hand here I am freaking out.

I am trying to add Class selection to elements (images, tables or
whatever) in RTE.

I have enabled all possible buttons and plugins for testing. In
extension's setup full key list is enabled.

When I open RTE to edit an existent content, I get smileys, FindReplace,
all possible buttons but Class selection.

I get

Paragraph: <my styles to choose from>

and it lists styles from my remote CSS, but I don't need them for
paragraph, I need them for any elements within. Like to select an image
in RTE and assign it a class.

If I click the right mouse button on image I can make it float, but I
don't need it to be done this way. I need to be able to assign classes
to images, tables etc. not only paragraphs.

I had this working on one install before we don't have anymore, and I
don't remember if it was default TYPO3 RTE or htmlArea and I can't find
the procedure anywhere.

I don't know what to do or come up with anymore, I have lost three days
trying all I could think of and all from the manual, no success. My work
on 4 websites has stopped because I need to solve this to continue.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr