[Typo3] Searching external files fails

Gert Thiel GertThiel at gmx.net
Mon Feb 21 16:21:49 CET 2005

Hello.

I use Typo3 for a bi-lingual website. Default language is German, secondary
language is English.

I the news area of my website I link to many external PDF file which reside
in fileadmin.

If I do a search in German, I get search results from the external files. If
I do the same search in English, I get results only from internal page
content.

I verified the index data in the MySQL data tables. Regardless from where I
link to a external file -- whether from German or English page content --
sys_language_id is always 0 -- the default language.

I have ...

###
##   MULTILINGUAL CONTENT SUPPORT
#
config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 1,0
# Setup the Default Language
config.sys_language_uid = 0
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.lang = 0
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_CH
config.htmlTag_langKey = de_CH
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xml:lang="de_CH" lang="de_CH"
# This Sets Up German (Schwitzerland)
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.lang = 0
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_CH
config.htmlTag_langKey = de_CH
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xml:lang="de_CH" lang="de_CH"
[global]
# This Sets Up English
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.lang = 1
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_US
config.htmlTag_langKey = en
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"