[Typo3] How to extend tbl_cms for loadTCA('fe_users')

media.res | alex widschwendter a.widschwendter at mediares.at
Mon Feb 21 12:14:54 CET 2005

hi christian,

> I've made a BE-extension 'csextfeadr' that extends the fe_users table by
> some additional columns. That works fine. Now I'm using
> t3lib_div::loadTCA('fe_users') to read the column's configuration in a
> frontend extension. I get all configs of the standard columns noted in
> typo3/sysext/cms/tbl_cms.php, but I don't get the additional columns,
> because they're not part of the tbl_cms.php file.
> How can I extend the content of tbl_cms.php without touching the
> original file so that loadTCA('fe_users') gets all the data?!

have you started your extension with the kickstarter? if yes, you should
have something similar to

<snip>
$tempColumns = Array (
	"firstname" => Array (
		"exclude" => 1,
		"label" =>
"LLL:EXT:mr_linklist/locallang_tca.php:mr_linklist.firstname",
		"config" => Array (
				"type" => "input",
				"size" => "30",
			)
	),
);

t3lib_div::loadTCA("fe_users");
t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns("fe_users",$tempColumns,1);
</snip>

in the ext-tables file of your extension? and it should work.

hth alex