[Typo3] Need help configuring Typo3

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearaad.no
Mon Feb 21 11:17:47 CET 2005

"Mo Khalil" <mo at voodooskunk.com> wrote
news:mailman.660.1108947062.8905.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi people
> 1) Can i make a backend group the owner of a page? I'll get into why a little
> later.

Yes. Under Web, Access in backend. There you have the possibility to change
owner of a page.

> 2) How do I create a "logout" function? I'm testing typo3 using its own
> template_1.html (from the tutorials) as the main template. Do I need to create
> a second template with the logout link in it, and then add some code to the
> template setup in typo3? If so, what code do i add to this link, and how do I
> get typo3 to implement a second template file?

If you put a login box on every page it will function as an logout box after you
have logged inn. Search in the userlist for login on every page. As Jennie
wrote, use the better login box.

> 3) When I create a backend usergroup, there is no function for selecting which
> modules the group can access. However, when i create a backend user there is.
> Am I missing an extension or something?

Read the Getting Started tutorial. User Managment.
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_quickstart/Distributed_maintena/.
As Jennie wrote, check the Include Access Lists box.

> 4) Back to the first point, the reason I'm trying to make a usergroup the
> owner of a page is because I'm trying to get to grips with workflows (I may
> have totally missed the point, or lost the plot, so forgive me!). What I'd
> like to do is create 3 usergroups of editors (who can only create, edit, and
> maybe delete pages belonging to the their tree) - 1 for Page 1, 1 for Page 2
> and 1 for Page 3 - then 3 usergroups of publishers (who can make a page in
> their tree live) - 1 for Page 1, 1 for Page 2... The workflow is working fine.
> Publisher 1 can set a task for editor 1 and editor 1 receives the task.
> However, when editor 1 tries to create or edit a page, there is no "create
> content" button. Editor 1 can click the tiny "create new content" icon,
> followed by anything from the "select type of content element" page (e.g. text
> with image below) and the "select position" page (e.g. left, right, normal),
> but then the right-hand screen refreshes and goes completely blank! What have
> i done wrong? Maybe it's a permissions thing? I've set the DB mounts and
> chosen the right modules (web, page, user and task centre), but why is there
> no component loading?

I suppose you also have to give the usergroup access to the page. Click Access
in backend, click on edit icon (change permission) for the page you want to give
the usergroup access to, and choose the usergoup in the drop-down list. Give the
permissions you want them to have and save.

> If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that
> I'm a novice, so detailed instructions will be required.
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> mo.

Maybe I have missed some points, but after carefully reading the Getting Started
tutorial the different usergroup only got their part of the tree when logged in
to the backend on sites i have put up. Also only access to certain modules.

It's a good advice to read Getting Started, Modern Template Building an
Futuristic Template Building. Not only read them, but actually working thru the
manuals.

Hope I could help!

--
Erik Svendsen