[Typo3] Need help configuring Typo3

Jennie Z. randomfrequentflyerdent at cox.net
Mon Feb 21 05:44:03 CET 2005

Hi-
I will try to help, but I'm new at this too!

>1) Can i make a backend group the owner of a page? I'll get into why a
>little later.
I'm not sure what is meant by "Owner" but you should be able to set up the
BE group with a DB mount to the page you want. Tied in with your last
question, I Think the problem you may be having is in the Access module,
the BE group needs to be able to see and edit that page. If more than one
group needs to edit the page, the best way I have found to do this is by
nesting groups (Group A can edit all 3 pages, Group B has special
permissions plus editing ability on the same 3 pages, etc)
Several times I've set up BE groups with permissions, but forgot to let
them actually view the page!
Good luck with the workgroups, that's the next task I have to learn too.

>2) How do I create a "logout" function? I'm testing typo3 using its own
>template_1.html (from the tutorials) as the main template. Do I need to
>create a second template with the logout link in it, and then add some
>code to the template setup in typo3? If so, what code do i add to this
>link, and how do I get typo3 to implement a second template file?

I'm using the Better Login-box  as well as the FE User Registration
extensions, which I recommend you try. If I recall the "better login box"
will create one for you automatically.

>3) When I create a backend usergroup, there is no function for selecting
>which modules the group can access. However, when i create a backend user
>there is. Am I missing an extension or something?

I think you need to check the box that says "Include Access lists" when you
create the BE group.

>4) ... but then the right-hand screen refreshes and goes completely blank!
>What have i done wrong? Maybe it's a permissions thing? I've set the DB
>mounts and chosen the right modules (web, page, user and task centre), but
>why is there no component loading?

This one I'm not sure about, as I still haven't done the workgroups... do
you mean blank as in no background color, just a white screen, or do you
mean that you cannot see anything on the right side, but you can see the
modules on the left? If it's the latter, it might be tied with the access
problem as mentioned.

I hope I could help.
Take care,
Jennie