[Typo3] chc_forum performance

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Mon Feb 21 01:48:05 CET 2005

Janno Schouwenburg wrote:
> Hi Bart
>
> Imho chc_forum is not as fast as phpbb. Zach made chc_forum a lot faster in the latest updates, but it's not as fast as i would like it to be. It has a lot to do with the way you setup your rights in the forum so keep the setup simple.
>
> - Janno Schouwenburg (janno)

Yes, the forum still isn't as fast as I'd like it to be. I have some
ideas about how to speed it up for the next release, but I doubt it's
faster than phpBB right now. I'm finding that I have to be very careful
about how I code it -- one of its advantages is that it's so closely
integrated with typo3, but this close integration also creates a lot of
overhead, I think.

I'd be interested to hear what other people's experience is (especially
with new versions, in which big chunks of code have been rewritten with
speed in mind).

Zach