[Typo3] Large uploads (with MOC Fileshare manager)

Chris Ferebee cf at ferebee.net
Mon Feb 21 00:55:37 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm using the MOC Fileshare Manager (moc_filemanager 0.7.1) with TYPO3
3.7.0 to build an upload/download web page that will be handling large
files, currently max. 200 MB, possibly up to 1 GB eventually.

As I have discovered, I need to change various settings in the php.ini
so PHP won't time out, specifically max_execution_time, max_input_time,
memory_limit, post_max_size. I also put a LimitRequestBody directive in
the appropriate <VirtualHost> section in my httpd.conf, though I'm not
sure that's necessary.

However, uploads over 10 MB still fail because of limits set in
/t3lib/class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php ($maxUploadFileSize).

It seems to me that these limits should be overridden by the
[maxFileSize] parameter that I can set with the Install tool, but that
doesn't seem to be the case. Even if I set [maxFileSize] to a very
large value with the Install Tool, large uploads fail, with an error in
the TYPO3 log that quotes whatever limit is assigned in
class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php.

If I change the initialization of $maxUploadFileSize in
class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php to a large value (like 900000), the uploads
work fine. I've just started learning PHP and haven't been able to
figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Chris Ferebee