[Typo3] A question on templates

Matthias Stuebner news at stuebner.de
Sun Feb 20 11:24:26 CET 2005

Am Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:03:55 -0000 schrieb John Dow:

> page.1  {
>    template = FILE
>    template.file = fileadmin/template/main/test.html
>    workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
>    subparts.CONTENT < styles.content.get
> }
>
> Please could someone advise how I can make other areas of my html file
> editable? For example, I have sections referenced by ids such as <div
> id=”news_panel_1”> and <div id=”news_panel_2”> in my html file. I am
> having great difficulty finding out how to use the typoscript syntax to
> reference these elements in the Setup area of the template. They are not
> showing up as being editable areas when I try to reference them in a
> similar way to the subparts.content syntax. I have tried using the
> Typoscript reference manual but feel it is more advanced than the level
> I require!

In case that understood your question, you should re-read the topic
SUBPARTS and MARKERS once more.

>    subparts.CONTENT < styles.content.get

With the code above you just take the content of the NORMAL column in the
backend at put in at the place where you find CONTENT in the template.

Use MARKS instead, means define placeholders between the opening and the
closing CONTENT in your template, i.e. ###NEWS1### and ###NEWS2### and fill
in content by TSCode:

  marks.NEWS1 = CONTENT
  marks.NEWS1 < styles.content.get  # content of the NORMAL column

  marks.NEWS2 = CONTENT
  marks.NEWS2 < styles.content.getRight  # content of the RIGHT column

--
mfg Matthias