[Typo3] FCE and Default Values

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Sat Feb 19 20:24:07 CET 2005

Hi,

> I've setup a sidebar menu using the flexible content elements with
> Templavoila. A couple of the links open in new windows and most don't
> so I added an attribute to specify the target. Is there anyway to
> default this field to "_parent" so that I don't have to enter it in
> manually on all of the links?

I haven`t found a way yet to make my FCE links take over the settings
from my main TS templates constant field:

styles.content.links.target =
styles.content.links.extTarget =

So I removed the target attributes with a TypoScript block inside of
link fields DS:

             <field_sourcelink type="array">
                 <type>attr</type>
                 <tx_templavoila type="array">
                     <title>Link to source</title>
                     <sample_data type="array">
                         <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                     </sample_data>
                     <eType>link</eType>
                     <TypoScript><![CDATA[
                       10 = TEXT
                     	10.typolink.typolink.parameter.field =
field_sourcelink
                       10.typolink.target =
                       10.typolink.extTarget =
                     }]]>
                     </TypoScript>
                     <proc type="array">
                         <HSC type="integer">1</HSC>
                     </proc>
                 </tx_templavoila>
                 <TCEforms type="array">
                     <config type="array">
                         <type>input</type>
                         <size>15</size>
                         <max>256</max>
                         <checkbox></checkbox>
                         <eval>trim</eval>
                         <wizards type="array">
                             <_PADDING type="integer">2</_PADDING>
                             <link type="array">
                                 <type>popup</type>
                                 <title>Link</title>
                                 <icon>link_popup.gif</icon>

<script>browse_links.php?mode=wizard</script>

<JSopenParams>height=300,width=500,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1</JSopenParams>
                             </link>
                         </wizards>
                     </config>
                     <label>Link to source</label>