[Typo3] Including content in multiple places?

Lefkowitz, Jason JLefkowitz at oceana.org
Fri Feb 18 19:41:40 CET 2005

Hey --

I'm a complete newbie to typo3, so forgive me if this is a dumb question
:)  I can't find an answer in the documentation, though, so here goes.

I'm in the process of setting up a typo3 installation that will drive
three sites.  Each site is set up in the pagetree, so that's not a
problem.

The problem is that a big chunk of the three sites could be served by
sharing the same content among all 3 sites, and so far I can't figure
out how to do this.  The only solutions I've found are either to
replicate the information three times, once in each site, which isn't
good because if the information changes I'll have to run around updating
it in multiple places; or to use a shortcut to redirect people to a page
on site 1, say, if they request that information on site 2 or site 3.
That's not good either because I'd like to have them stay within the
site they were on, and just have the content pulled across.

An example: the three sites all share a staff directory.  Right now we
have a page in the pagetree on each site for each staff member, which
means 3 versions of each staff page.  It would be better to have a staff
record somewhere, and then have each staff page just pull the record and
insert it into the template.  But I can't figure out how to do this...

There must be a way to make this work so I don't end up with all the
problems of a 'static' HTML site, just using typo3 :)  Any advice would
be appreciated!

-- Jason Lefkowitz

--
Jason A. Lefkowitz