[Typo3] How to move Typo3 work done on one computer to another

Joern Bock joern.bock at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 18:30:15 CET 2005

> Now I want to take the work I´ve already done to another PC.
That is not the easiest task...

Try this way (WAMP):
1. Set up an empty T3 installation on your other comp

2. Copy the folders fileadmin, uploads and typo3conf (except the
localconf.php) in your new T3

3. Go to your phpMyAdmin and export your database. Mark all tables, SQL,
  Structur with Drop Table, Full Inserts (Sorry but I only can guess the
right labels because I use a German version of phpMyAdmin) and save your
.sql file (example: saveold.sql)

4. Copy this sql-file in the folder of your mysql.exe (in my case
C:\apache\mysql\bin)

5. Import your saveold.sql file into your new T3 installation. I
recommend following steps: Run cmd and change the directory to the
mysql-folder (C:\apache\mysql\bin). Type in:

mysql [name of your new database] -u [Username] < saveold.sql

or if you dont use a usernam and password:

mysql [name of your new database] < saveold.sql

Thats it - now your other comp should have a 1to1 copy of your older comp...

May this little workaround will help you.