[Typo3] RealURL: Changing page name, URL isn't changed

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Feb 18 15:00:25 CET 2005

Mike Fabricius wrote:

> Lars Houmark wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> When have a page named "Pagename A" and this becomes /pagename-a/ or
>> similar in RealURL and I am changing the name to "Pagename B" I would
>> think that the URL now was supposed to be /pagename-b/ but it is
>> still /pagename-a/ until I both clear all (and temp) cache, alongside
>> emptying the different database tables the goes with RealURL.
>
> <snip>
>

>> Is my configuration wrong, I am pretty sure not, and I've been
>> searching for weeks now without having found anything useful.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Lars Houmark
>>

> I have exactly the same problem. I'd be most grateful for any
> suggestions. Did you solve this issue yourself Lars?

We have the problem aswell and for MY site I found this solution.

I asume you know how phpmyadmin work, or any other mysql administration
tool.
In any case, you need to execute this:

|begin;|
    |delete from tx_realurl_pathcache;|
    |update pages set tx_realurl_pathsegment=title;|
    |update
pages set tx_realurl_pathsegment=nav_title where nav_title!='';|
|commit;|

It will delete the realurl path cache and will generate new links in the
pages tables.

Now as a last thing press these items in the backend:

    |Clear temp_CACHED|
    |Clear All Cache|

*WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING*
This works for my site because our editors uses the nav_title and use a
sensible titles.
So what it does it updated some tables and deletes the
|tx_realurl_pathcache;.|
|From then the realurl extension fills up the tables with new ?valid?
information.|
|make sure you make a db dump of your site before you proceed!!|
|Let me know what your findings are,|

|cheers,|
|Ries

PS: I am sorry for the HTML mail but I wanted to stress out the warning!

R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/