[Typo3] <h1> visible in content

Mark mark at zapadinform.com
Fri Feb 18 05:45:34 CET 2005

> Seems like all the < and > are getting transformed to html special
> chatacters.
> Are they already transfomed in the DB? look in the db using phpmyadmin
> to see if it is already transformed

No, everything in the DB is as it was entered in the RTE.

> Did you add Hx as allow tag in your RTE setup?

Yes. This is working okay. For example, if I disallow <font>, all of the

> The best thing is to go tru this step by step, first look if is already
> this way in the DB, if not, then you need to look what line of TS does
> transform it in special characters.

Where does this take place? Where should I be looking?

Only <hx> tags are being converted -- What could be causing this?

As mentioned previously, many different configurations were tried based on
what (I thought) logically should solve the problem. There's something I
don't understand yet, but don't know where to look (having exhausted all the
possibilities I know of).

> I also notice &L=1&L=0 in your url, 2x language declaration?

Temporary -- trying out two different methods of language-switching.

> ps: nice design did you made this? :)

When's the next Typo3 template contest? :-)

This was a good exercise in adapting an existing site to Typo3. The previous
site was hand-coded in Dreamweaver (without the templating features!), and
outgrew the developer. The client wanted to keep the existing "look", but
make it easier to expand the site and add new content. It took just an hour
to take the old template and create a Typo3 template ready for content.
Copying their menu style was a bit more difficult, but made easier with a
new templating system for Typo we're currently developing. The last hurdle
is getting RTE to work properly.

Help find a solution and get a discount on motorcycle tours in Central Asia!
;-)