[Typo3] BE: Can't download files in File > Filelist (absolute path)

Daniel Groh daniel.groh at gmx.de
Fri Feb 18 00:54:09 CET 2005

Hi there,

i have a problem with downloading files from within the
file-structure displayed by the filelist module.

I'm creating a website which features secure file downloads
for fe users. To prevent files from being downloaded
directly by URL I've set up a filemount to an absolute path
outside the wwwroot directory on the server. I've set the
lockRootPath variable correctly and the filemount is
displayed within the File > Filelist module. I can also
create directorys, upload files, delete them etc but I'm not
able to simply download them.

The only way to do that is by moving them into the fileadmin
filemount, from where I can download all files with no
problems by just clicking their filename. I am using an
additional fe plugin to get access to the files, and there
are no problems either.

I've made a screenshot which shows the filestructure in the
filelist module:

    http://www.cap23.de/typo3/dl.gif

Does anyone know how I can download these files directly
without moving them into fileadmin? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Daniel