[Typo3] Freetype quality problems

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 20:53:39 CET 2005

Jan Wulff wrote:
> This problem is not about the size of the types, but about blurred types if
> nicetext is set to true. This seems to be a common problem, because I've
> even seen production sites with these blurred images, maybe some people
> don't even know what great quality types Typo3 is able to render.

I'm currently working on an extension which replaces the current image processing
by Image Magick through image processing with Gimp.

I'm sorry that the first version will not support TTF text's rendered by Gimp.

But I will surely include a statically linked version of the Gimp so you are able
to install it and it's required files on your webserver ...

The performance is a problem at the moment as I'm expecting longer scriptruntimes
from gimp when run through apache as when run through from commandline ...
See thread search words "apache longer script" for details.

greets,
Bernhard