[Typo3] How to have an inline fram directed to a Typo3 (dynamic) page

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 16:04:08 CET 2005

Hi,

dario wrote:
> Every page consists of really two pages, example:
> index.htm
> &
> index_contents.htm
>
> its not really FRAMES. What it is is that the main page (index.htm)
> has the menues and the logos and an iframe window (inline frame)
> that shows whats on the contents page (index_contents.htm).
> I was able to get "into" typo3 both the main and the content page.
> But the main page I created in Typo 3, its Template Setup links to
> the static template I made wich is basically the:
> index.html
> file.
> And obviously that index.html file its iframe links to a static external:
> index_content.html
> page.

I'm neither using frames nor iframes, so my advice might be wrong:
Typo3 can generate 2 (or more) pages at the same time for you.
The trick is to have 2 PAGE top level objects in the your TS template
with _different_ types:

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page {
   ### your code for the main page
}

iframe = PAGE
iframe.typeNum = 1
iframe {
   ### your code for the content iframe
}

And instead of setting the src attribute of the iframe to a static
html you set it to fetch "index.php?id=<same as main page>&type=1".
This could be achieved by something along the lines:

temp.iframeurl = TEXT
temp.iframeurl {
   ### set id to current page
   typolink.parameter.data = field:uid
   ### but fetch type 1 instead of type 0
   typolink.parameter.wrap = |,1
   ### we don't want a complete a tag, only the correct url
   typolink.returnLast = url
}

Note, the code samples are untested, meant to give you the idea.

Compare:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/quot_PAGE_quot/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/typolink/

hth, Georg