[Typo3] Backend usergroup with disabled 'Include Access Lists'

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 14:52:47 CET 2005

Hi,

>> Yes, sorry, I now recognize, that the long "access list" settings ai'nt
>> the only settings made to group members. The "Mounts" ain't managed in
>> the group really (only their availability to members), real access to
>> them then can/must be managed for every user.
>
> Not completely correct.
> You CAN manage file mounts as well as DB mounts only via groups.
> Example:
> A client has a news page.
> 12 of his editors are allowed to work on that certain pagetree and are
> allowed to use files from /fileadmin/news_assets/.
> I would set both DB and filemounts within a usergroup called
> "newsmounts" for easier maintainance.

Yes, I would do so also, and it i the recommended way. What I meant
was: on the page for the user configuration there are 2 checkboxes
"Mount from groups - Select if the user should inherit page tree or
folder tree mountpoints from member groups. - DB Mounts - File mounts".
They default to be checked, but may be unchecked for individual users.
This is not possible for the access lists.

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10