[Typo3] Taking an value from an URL

Marlies C mc at mcuniverse.com
Wed Feb 16 23:00:13 CET 2005

"JoH"  wrote in message
> Could you explain it a bit more?
> Where do you want to get the value from (inserted by a script or a
> link/form
> that the user klicked on) and what do you want to do with it?
> Could you provide an example of such a URL?
>
> Usually you can insert almost anything via ".data".
> Have a look at the datatype reference in TSref --> getText
>
> Joey

Hi Joey,

Ok, I will try to explain it a bit better. Here is our example:

url: something = 555 (UID)
Now we want based on the UID to display the corresponding record. How do we
get the value without having to use a predetermined value global var?

How do we use ".data"? We could not find any good examples.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Marlies