[Typo3] RFC: Limiting image upload features for editors

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 20:47:40 CET 2005

Hi,

in recent projects I made the experience that it`s often useful to limit
the editors options for uploading images to a minimum.

ASFAIK there are 3 ways to upload images for an editor:

1. the upload dialogue of the "image" and "text /w. image" content elements

2. the upload fields at the bottom of the element browser pop-up window

3. RTE

3 can be avoided via RTE configuration, 1 can be avoided via user
TS-config "edit_docModuleUplaod = 0".

But 2 and the field for creating new folders underneath it aren`t
configurable ASFAIK. I would like to see those two being made removable
via user TS-config.

What do you think? Is this worth a feature request?

--
Ciao,
Sacha