[Typo3] TIP: Gmenu_layer dropdown menu alternative [suckerfish dropdown / CSS]

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 20:36:52 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

--- Peter Niederlag <niederlag at ikd01.de> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Rob De Vries schrieb:
> [...]
> > feel free to correct me or to make some improvements on this.
>
> Thank you for the tip, very nice. Genreally its a pain IE doesn't
> support :hover other than on a. :-<
>
> Would this work with nested lists as well?
> Could anone modify it so it would work with nested lists, if it
> wasn't

I've used a combination of ALA's 'suckerfish' menus plus the .htc file
from the 'whatever:hover' menus (just do a search to find it). The .htc
file 'turns on' :hover for arbitrary elements in IE. You can see a
sample implementation of it at http://www.bedlamhotel.com. They both
work fine with nested lists - in fact, unless I'm mistaken, they RELY
on properly nested elements in order to work.

-Christopher