[Typo3] TIP: Gmenu_layer dropdown menu alternative [suckerfish dropdown / CSS]

Rob De Vries spam_this at pandora.be
Wed Feb 16 12:38:13 CET 2005

If you would like to use a dropdown menu in your template, you could use
the typo3 gmenu_layer menu.
But this produces a massive amount of code and I find it a bit buggy.
(did I mentioned massive amount of code? ;)

An alternative could be to use a normal tmenu, combined with a tiny bit
of java and styled with CSS.

TS:
temp.topnav = HMENU
temp.topnav.special = list
temp.topnav.special.value = 10,9,8,6,4,5,7
temp.topnav {
1 = TMENU
1 {
noblur = 1
expAll=1
wrap = <ul id="nav"> | </ul>
NO {
wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
}
1.ACT < 1.NO
ACT = 1
ACT {

wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
ATagParams = class="subACT"
}
}
2 = TMENU
2 {
noblur = 1
expAll=1
wrap = <ul> | </ul>
NO {
wrapItemAndSub = <li>| </li>
}

2.ACT < 2.NO
ACT = 1
ACT {
wrapItemAndSub = <li >|</li>
ATagParams = class="subsubACT"
}
}
}

the javascript and css can be found here:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/

feel free to correct me or to make some improvements on this.
If someone knows how to make an ext. out of this, feel free to do so.

have fun
Rob