[Typo3] Backend usergroup with disabled 'Include Access Lists'

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Wed Feb 16 04:49:05 CET 2005

Hi Mathias, all,

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
>> what is the use of a backend user group, where "Include Access Lists"
>> is disabled?
>
> Grouping BE Groups to Roles for example.

Ahh, yes, which would require the group to include some other
group(s) to have any influence (besides categorizing users, which
might be usefull on it's own, e.g. assigning them to some department,
but not enabling anything at all to them?).

> Or grouping file or DB mounts.

Yes, sorry, I now recognize, that the long "access list" settings ai'nt
the only settings made to group members. The "Mounts" ain't managed in
the group really (only their availability to members), real access to
them then can/must be managed for every user.

> Got the point?

Both, IMHO.

If you don't think so, _please_ correct me, before I'm going to enter
my view of points into the german CSH.

Thanks, regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___